Marshalling for the Lakes Sky Ultra™
We are always looking for quality marshals to make sure the race runs as smoothly as possible. If you feel you would like to join the team as a marshal then please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
Marshalling is a great opportunity to give something back to the sport that you love - it's great to see a race from the inside and marshalling offers a different perspective on your time in the mountains, connected to the UK race scene.
We are, specifically, looking for marshals with considerable mountain experience; marshalling experience and/or first aid/medical knowledge.
You can expect the following:
- Fuel expenses paid to and from the event, plus any driving you might do during the event;
- Some marshals clothing/uniform from our headline sponsor.
- Free entry to the 2017 edition of Lakes Sky Ultra™, or any other comparative mountain running event Mountain Run Events organise in the future;
- Food over the weekend.
- A bottle of Cowmire Hall Cider.
- A Cow Bell to ding-a-ling at the competitors.
- A great time and chance to meet new friends
What we expect:
- A professional appearance and manner
- A smiley face
- You to wear the uniform and hi-viz clothing supplied
- You to come ready with all the relevant clothing and equipment necessary (this will be advised by email, once you have been accepted)
- You to understand its a dynamic environment you will be volunteering in and a flexible approach and mind are necessary as things will and do change extremely quickly and we need you to understand this and react in the best way possible.